Terms of Service
Last Updated: July 31, 2021
We (at Radical Elements) hope you love our products and services — from website publishing tools to ecommerce solutions. These Terms of Service (“Terms”) describe our commitments to you, and your rights and responsibilities when using our services. Please read them carefully and reach out to us if you have any questions. If you don’t agree to these Terms, don’t use our services.
Terms of Service
Please read these Terms carefully before accessing or using our Services. By accessing or using any part of our Services, you agree to be bound by all of the Terms and all other operating rules, policies, and procedures that we may publish via the Services from time to time (collectively, the “Agreement”). You also agree that we may automatically change, update, or add on to our Services, and this Agreement will apply to any changes.
1. Who’s Who
“You” means any individual or entity using our Services. If you use our Services on behalf of another person or entity, you represent and warrant that you’re authorized to accept the Agreement on that person’s or entity’s behalf, that by using using our Services you're accepting the Agreement on behalf of that person or entity, and that if you, or that person or entity, violates the Agreement, you and that person or entity agree to be responsible to us. "We" means Radical Element P.C. (Private Company), resides in Athens, Greece.
2. Your Account
3. Minimum Age Requirements
Our Services are not directed to children. You’re not allowed to access or use our Services if you’re under the age of 13 (or 16 in Europe). If you register as a user or otherwise use our Services, you represent that you’re at least 13 (or 16 in Europe). You may use our Services only if you can legally form a binding contract with us. In other words, if you’re under 18 years of age (or the legal age of majority where you live), you can only use our Services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to the Agreement.
4. Responsibility of Visitors and Users
We haven’t reviewed, and can’t review, all of the content (like text, photo, video, audio, code, computer software, items for sale, and other materials) posted to or made available through our Services by users or anyone else (“Content”) or on websites that link to, or are linked from, our Services. We’re not responsible for any use or effects of Content or third-party websites. So, for example:
- We don’t have any control over third-party websites.
- A link to or from one of our Services does not represent or imply that we endorse any third-party website.
- We don’t endorse any Content or represent that Content is accurate, useful, or not harmful. Content could be offensive, indecent, or objectionable; include technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, or other errors; or violate or infringe the privacy, publicity rights, intellectual property rights, or other proprietary rights of third parties.
- You’re fully responsible for the Content available on your website, and any harm resulting from that Content. It’s your responsibility to ensure that your website’s Content abides by applicable laws and by the Agreement.
- We aren’t responsible for any harm resulting from anyone’s access, use, purchase, or downloading of Content, or for any harm resulting from third-party websites. You’re responsible for taking the necessary precautions to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content.
- Any Content that’s for sale through any of our Services is the seller’s sole responsibility, so you must look solely to the seller for any damages that result from your purchase or use of Content.
- We are not a party to, and will have no responsibility or liability for, any communications, transactions, interactions, or disputes between you and the provider of any Content.
Please note that additional third-party terms and conditions may apply to Content you download, copy, purchase, or use.
5. Fees, Payment, and Renewal
Fees for Paid Services. Some of our Services are offered for a fee, like Lucentcms.com plans, Fastbreak.tech plans (collectively, “Paid Services”). By using a Paid Service, you agree to pay the specified fees. Depending on the Paid Service, there may be one-time fees, recurring fees, or revenue-based fees. For recurring fees, we’ll bill or charge you in the automatically-renewing interval (such as monthly, annually, or biennially) you select, on a pre-pay basis until you cancel, which you can do at any time by contacting the relevant support team. Taxes. To the extent permitted by law, or unless explicitly stated otherwise, all fees do not include applicable federal, provincial, state, local or other governmental sales, value-added, goods and services, harmonized or other taxes, fees, or charges (“Taxes”). You’re responsible for paying all applicable Taxes relating to your use of our Services, your payments, or your purchases. If we’re obligated to pay or collect Taxes on the fees you’ve paid or will pay, you’re responsible for those Taxes, and we may collect payment. Payment. If your payment fails, Paid Services are otherwise not paid for or paid for on time (for example, if you contact your bank or credit card company to decline or reverse the charge of fees for Paid Services), or we suspect a payment is fraudulent, we may immediately cancel or revoke your access to Paid Services without notice to you. Automatic Renewal. To ensure uninterrupted service, recurring Paid Services are automatically renewed. This means that unless you cancel a Paid Service before the end of the applicable subscription period, it will automatically renew, and you authorize us to use any payment mechanism we have on record for you, like credit cards or PayPal, or invoice you (in which case payment is due within 15 days) to collect the then-applicable subscription fee as well as any Taxes. By default, your Paid Services will be renewed for the same interval as your original subscription period, so for example, if you purchase a one-year subscription to a WordPress.com plan, you’ll be charged each year for access for another 12-month period. We may charge your account up to one month before the end of the subscription period to make sure pesky billing issues don’t inadvertently disrupt your access to our Services. The date for the automatic renewal is based on the date of the original purchase and cannot be changed. If you’ve purchased access to multiple services, you may have multiple renewal dates. To review renewal dates and manage subscriptions for any other Paid Services, please consult the respective Service’s website or contact the support team. You’ll need to check your email (including in spam or other filters) for any reminder emails we might send you before your Paid Services renew. Cancelling Automatic Renewal. You can manage and cancel your Paid Services at the respective Service’s website. If auto-renew is successfully turned off, you’ll see the date on which your subscription expires. If you have multiple Paid Services to cancel, repeat this process for each subscription. Fees and Changes. We may change our fees at any time in accordance with these Terms and requirements under applicable law. This means that we may change our fees going forward, start charging fees for Services that were previously free, or remove or update features or functionality that were previously included in the fees. If you don’t agree with the changes, you must cancel your Paid Service. No-Show Policy. We may have a “no-show policy” for some Paid Services that require your participation. For instance, this may mean that if you don’t show up or are late for a scheduled session, you’ll still be charged and won’t be entitled to a refund. Refunds. We may have a refund policy for some of our Paid Services, and we’ll also provide refunds if required by law. In all other cases, there are no refunds and all payments are final.
We love hearing from you and are always looking to improve our Services. When you share comments, ideas, or feedback with us, you agree that we're free to use them without any restriction or compensation to you.
7. General Representation and Warranty
Our mission is to make the web a better place, and our Services are designed to give you control and ownership over your websites. We encourage you to express yourself freely, subject to a few requirements. In particular, you represent and warrant that your use of our Services:
- Will be in strict accordance with the Agreement;
- Will comply with all applicable laws and regulations (including, without limitation, all applicable laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content, privacy, data protection, the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside, the use or provision of financial services, notification and consumer protection, unfair competition, and false advertising);
- Will not be for any unlawful purposes, to publish illegal content, or in furtherance of illegal activities;
- Will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of Automattic or any third party;
- Will not overburden or interfere with our systems or impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, as determined by us in our sole discretion;
- Will not disclose the personal information of others;
- Will not be used to send spam or bulk unsolicited messages;
- Will not interfere with, disrupt, or attack any service or network;
- Will not be used to create, distribute, or enable material that is, facilitates, or operates in conjunction with, malware, spyware, adware, or other malicious programs or code;
- Will not involve reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, deciphering, or otherwise attempting to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source; and
- Will not involve renting, leasing, loaning, selling, or reselling the Services or related data without our consent.
8. Specific Service Terms
License. By uploading or sharing Content, you grant us a worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, adapt, publicly display, and publish the Content solely for the purpose of providing and improving our products and Services and promoting your website. This license also allows us to make any publicly-posted Content available to select third parties. Removing Content. If you delete Content, we’ll use reasonable efforts to remove it from public view (or in the case of a private website, from view by the authorized visitors) on Lucentcms.com, but you acknowledge that cached versions of the Content or references to the Content may not be immediately unavailable. Web Traffic. We may use a third-party service to measure audience and usage. By having your website on Lucentcms.com, you agree to assign the traffic for your website to Radical Elements, and you authorize us to sign a Traffic Assignment Letter on your behalf. This means that your website’s traffic may be included under Radical Elements, your website may not receive credit for traffic in the respective reports, and you must not assign your website’s traffic to any other party. If we require additional documentation to verify ownership of your website or domain name, you agree to make
Your responsibilities. You have control over your store, and with great power comes great responsibility. You’re solely responsible for all of your ecommerce activities, including managing subscriptions for your website, managing your store, all applicable taxes and fees, compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), and compliance with any applicable laws (such as those relating to automatic renewal). Among other things, this means that:
- We’re not involved in your relationships or transactions with any customer or potential customer.
- You may only use Ecommerce Services for legitimate transactions with your customers.
- You must accurately communicate transaction details; set expectations appropriately; and fulfill all promises, representations, or warranties you’ve made.
- You’re responsible for the nature and quality of the products or services you provide, and for delivery, support, refunds, returns, providing any appropriate warnings and for any other ancillary services you provide to your customers.
- You’re responsible for resolving all support questions, comments, and complaints, including chargebacks and pricing questions. You must provide contact information so customers can contact you with questions or complaints.
- You must maintain a fair return, refund, cancellation, or adjustment policy, and clearly explain how customers can request a refund.
- If you believe that a transaction may be erroneous or suspicious, you should research the transaction and, if necessary, contact your customer before fulfilling or completing the transaction.
- If you have transactions with individuals (i.e., consumers), you specifically agree to provide consumer disclosures required by law, and to not engage in unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices.
- You’re financially liable for disputes (including chargebacks), refunds, reversals, or fines that arise from your use of Ecommerce Services.
- You must ensure that any information you provide about your business, products, and services is accurate, complete, and current.
Prohibited Uses. You may not use Ecommerce Services for any unlawful purposes; in furtherance of illegal activities; or in a manner that is unfair, deceptive, exposes us or customers to unreasonable risks, or does not disclose important terms of a transaction in advance. Among other things, this means that:
Tax Calculations. You’re responsible for payment of all applicable Taxes relating to your ecommerce activities and your use of Ecommerce Services. You must collect, report, and/or pay the correct amounts to the appropriate authorities if applicable, and if needed, tell your customers about any Taxes they may be required to pay and issue appropriate invoices. While some Ecommerce Services allow you to include sales taxes in transactions you shouldn’t rely solely on these features. We work to keep our documents and tools up-to-date, but tax laws change rapidly; and we can’t guarantee that tax calculations you receive through or in connection with our Services are complete and accurate. Tax laws also differ from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and may be interpreted differently by different authorities. We recommend consulting with a tax professional for your specific tax situation to assess the tax rates you should charge. If we’re obligated to pay or collect Taxes on your ecommerce activities or your use of Ecommerce Services, you’re responsible for these Taxes, and we may collect payment for them from you.
9. Intellectual Property
The Agreement doesn’t transfer any Radical ELements or third-party intellectual property to you, and all right, title, and interest in and to such property remains (as between Radical Elements and you) solely with Raducal Elements. Radical Elements, Lucentcms.com, Fastbreak.tech and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with our websites or Services are trademarks or registered trademarks of Radical Elements (or Radical Elements’ licensors). Other trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with our Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Using our Services doesn’t grant you any right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Radical Elements or third-party trademarks.
We may update, change, or discontinue any aspect of our Services at any time. Since we’re constantly updating our Services, we sometimes have to change the legal terms under which they’re offered. The Agreement may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Radical Elements, or if Radical Elements posts a revised version. We’ll let you know when there are changes: we’ll post them here and update the “Last Updated” date, and we may also post on one of our blogs or send you an email or other communication before the changes become effective. Your continued use of our Services after the new terms take effect will be subject to the new terms, so if you disagree with the changes in the new terms, you should stop using our Services. To the extent you have an existing subscription, you may be eligible for a refund.
We may terminate your access to all or any part of our Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. We have the right (though not the obligation) to, in our sole discretion, (i) reclaim your username or website’s URL due to prolonged inactivity, (ii) refuse or remove any content that, in our reasonable opinion, violates any the Agreement or any Radical Elements policy, or is in any way harmful or objectionable, (iii) ask you to make adjustments, restrict the resources your website uses, or terminate your access to the Services, if we believe your website’s storage or bandwidth usage burdens our systems (which is rare and typically only occurs when a website is used for file sharing or storage), or (iv) terminate or deny access to and use of any of our Services to any individual or entity for any reason. We will have no obligation to provide a refund of any fees previously paid. You can stop using our Services at any time, or, if you use a Paid Service, you can cancel at any time, subject to the Fees, Payment, and Renewal section of these Terms.
Our Services are provided “as is.” Radical Elements and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Radical Elements, nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that our Services will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, our Services at your own discretion and risk.
13. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law.
Except to the extent any applicable law provides otherwise, the Agreement and any access to or use of our Services will be governed by the laws of Greece. The proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to the Agreement and any access to or use of our Services that are not otherwise subject to arbitration (as indicated below) will be Greece.
14. Limitation of Liability
In no event will Radical Elements, or its suppliers, partners, or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of the Agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed 50EUR or the fees paid by you to Radical Elements under the Agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action, whichever is greater. Radical Elements shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond its reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Radical Elements, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all losses, liabilities, demands, damages, costs, claims, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of or related to your use of our Services, including but not limited to your violation of the Agreement or any agreement with a provider of third-party services used in connection with the Services, Content that you post, and any ecommerce activities conducted through your or another user’s website.
The Agreement (together with any other terms we provide that apply to any specific Service) constitutes the entire agreement between Radical Elements and you concerning our Services. If any part of the Agreement is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part is severable from the Agreement, and does not affect the validity or enforceability of the rest of the Agreement. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of the Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. Radical Elements may assign its rights under the Agreement without condition. You may only assign your rights under the Agreement with our prior written consent.
Credit to Automattic for these legal documents